Students of Music, Dance and Speech Arts have been busy for months preparing for the Festival which begins on March 1st and concludes with a Highlights Gala Concert on Saturday, April 27th. This year there are 1,541 entries in Piano, Classical Voice, Choral, Strings/Instrumental, Musical Theatre, Speech Arts, and Dance.
The Festival provides excitement for all as young performing artists demonstrate their achievements for adjudicators, teachers, parents, fellow students and the general public. The performances are evaluated by professional adjudicators and students attend workshops which enhance the learning/teaching process. The adjudicators’ choices will continue on to the Performing Arts BC Provincial Festival which is being hosted by Competitive sessions are open to the public and entry is by donation. The March Program is online now at www.pkmf.org
Choral and Classical Voice competitions start the Festival off on March 1st and are followed by Junior and Senior Piano on March 7th. Musical Theatre, Speech Arts, Dance and Strings/Instrumentals will continue in April. The March discipline dates and locations are as follows (for details, check the full program at www.pkmf.org):
CHORAL – Adjudicated by Vancouver voice teacher Dr. Jeanette Gallant who is a Canadian musician with over 25 years of experience as a singing teacher, music lecturer, conductor and performer
March 1 – Penticton United Church Sanctuary 10:00 a.m.
CLASSICAL VOICE – Adjudicated by Dr. Jeanette Gallant
- March 1 – Penticton United Church Sanctuary 11:45 a.m., 3:00 p.m., 5:05 p.m.
- March 2 – Penticton United Church Sanctuary 9:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m.
- Vocal Workshop with Adjudicator Jeanette Gallant 3:00 p.m. (sign up in Lobby) $10.00
JUNIOR PIANO – Adjudicated by Catherine Anne Bundt who is an active performer, teacher, RCM examiner and music festival adjudicator
- March 7 – Shatford Centre 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m.
- March 8 – Shatford Centre 9:00 a.m., 6:00 p.m.
- March 8 – Shatford Centre Piano Workshop with Adjudicator Catherine Bundt 12:15 p.m. (sign up in Lobby) $10.00
- March 8 – Shatford Centre 6:00 p.m. Piano Duets, Trios, Quartet, Concerto
SENIOR PIANO – Adjudicated by Catherine Bundt
- March 9 – St. Saviour’s Hall 9:00 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 7:00 p.m
- March 10 – St. Saviour’s Hall 1:00 p.m., 6:30 p.m.
For more information and opportunities to volunteer or become a sponsor, visit www.pkmf.org